The Walk for Dementia is almost here!
- The Registration Tent for the Walk will open for check-in at 8:00 a.m. Please make your way to the stage before 9:30 a.m. for opening remarks and a warm-up!
- On Friday May 11th, early check-in will be open between 5:00 p.m. and 8:00 p.m. at the Registration Tent.
- The Walk will consist of two walking routes: a 1 km route and 2 km route. Both routes are very accessible and will include rest stations, chairs, and water along the way! You are welcome to complete as many laps as you like, with children and pets both welcome!
- Please consult the Parking Map to know where you can leave your car. There will also be a drop-off location close to the Registration Tent, and volunteers to assist anyone with mobility restrictions.
- Familiarize yourself with the Site Map of Tunney’s Pasture to help plan your morning.
- Ensure you and your team members have reached the following fundraising milestones:
- Raise $250 and reward your fundraising efforts with a Pancake Breakfast to fuel your Walk, and an official Walk for Dementia t-shirt.
- Raise $100 and reward yourself with an official Walk for Dementia t-shirt
- Rain or shine, whatever the weather, the Walk will go on! Make sure to dress appropriately.
- For safety reasons, we ask that you do not leave your children in the Family Zone unattended.
- The option to purchase additional Pancake Breakfasts will be offered at the Registration Tent Payment Centre, at $10 for adults and $5 for children and seniors.
Help spread the word!
Leading up to and on the day of the Walk, use the official walk hashtag #WalkForDementia and help create some buzz! You can also follow #WalkForDementia for regular updates.
- Use #WalkForDementia in your fundraising messages on social media to promote the Walk.
- Share your success on the day of the Walk! Use #WalkForDementia to provide updates on your fundraising efforts.
- Celebrate the Walk! As you’re walking, use #WalkForDementia to share your excitement!
We hope to see you tomorrow!