POSITION: Bilingual Marketing Program Coordinator
STATUS: Full-time, Permanent
ENVIRONMENT: Virtual and In-Person
REPORTS TO: Director of Development and Education
The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County is a non-profit, charitable organization that links individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and their families to support, education, and resources.
Working very closely with the Director of Development and Education, and as a member of a dynamic team, the Marketing Program Coordinator provides general administrative, planning and executional support to a variety of fund development, communication and marketing activities. This position involves collaboration with a variety of team members to help ensure awareness, interest in, and the efficient and smooth delivery of Dementia Society programs and offerings. This person thrives in a fast-paced and changing environment, loves organizing and attention to detail, and will ultimately contribute to ensuring a positive client and volunteer experience with the Dementia Society. Some travel within Ottawa and Renfrew County may be required; reliable access to a reliable vehicle is required.
The Marketing Program Coordinator provides mission-critical support to Development and Education team, the Director, and the Dementia Society as a whole. Key areas of responsibility are as described below.
Approximately 40% of the effort.
BrainyActive Challenge Fundraising Campaign
Key activities include:
- Creating and maintaining an annual campaign work plan with a breakdown of all tasks, deadlines, task owners, relevant comments, and status updates to be approved by the leadership.
- Monitoring to ensure all tasks are implemented on time by owners, provide status updates, and recommend schedule and scope changes as required.
- Budget management and tracking.
- Coordination and drafting of social media content and communications related to fundraising initiatives.
- Sponsor stewardship: Coordinating administration, recognition, benefits, communication and reporting activities.
- Post-event reporting to all relevant parties.
Other Fund Development
- Support for donation processing and reporting in fund development CRM (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge) as required.
- Provide marketing and communications support to Fund Development Officer for direct response and appeal campaigns.
Approximately 40% of the effort
- Providing marketing and communications support to Director and program leads to drive awareness and participation in education, support and social and recreational programs.
- Provide support to program leads for online registration and content management using Raisers Edge CRM to create forms, track registrations, pull lists, and create and deploy emails.
General Administrative Support
Approximately 20% of the effort
- Implementation and management of project management (Asana) for key marketing and fundraising initiatives throughout the year.
- Some translation (brief content E to FR)
- Vendor coordination Creation of agenda, presentations, meeting minutes, and meetings for the team, working groups, and committee meetings.
- Yearly planning in Asana.
- Coordinating results reporting for team activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Post-secondary degree in business, marketing, communication, event management or related discipline
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience, preferably in a marketing or communications role
- Ability to multi-task and work independently in a remote working environment
- Experience using a CRM such as Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge or similar with event registration and management functionality
- Familiarity with using Microsoft Office suites, SharePoint, Google Docs, Canva, and Asana or similar project management software
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to effectively and concisely communicate orally and in writing
- Strong sense of collaboration and ability to work with varied work styles
- Bilingualism in both official languages is a strong asset, preference for French as a first language
- A sense of humour
We are looking forward to reviewing your application and hearing about how you can support us in this exciting interim position. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Bilingual Marketing Program Coordinator by Friday, June 24th at 4:00 pm EST. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone or email enquiries, please.