POSITION: Fund Development and Administrative Assistant
STATUS: 30 hours/week
ENVIRONMENT: Virtual and in-person
REPORTS TO: Fund Development Officer
This position will work jointly with two closely linked organizations – the Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County (DSORC) and the Champlain Dementia Network (CDN).
The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County (DSORC) is a non-profit, charitable organization that provides support, coaching, education and activities for everyone impacted by dementia in the Ottawa and Renfrew County area.
The Champlain Dementia Network (CDN) is a partnership of health and social support organizations across Eastern Ontario, together with the representation of people with lived experience of dementia. The work of the network is both strategic and operational, with initiatives focused on system partnership and integration, education and training, and improving access to services.
Working closely with the DSORC Fund Development Officer, and as part of a dynamic team, the Fund Development Assistant provides administrative support to ensure timely issuing of donor tax receipts, donor recognition communication, maintenance of donor records, and regular fund development financial reporting. This person thrives in a disciplined process-driven environment, is comfortable with technology and numbers, and has an eye for detail. Ultimately, like all staff, they will contribute to ensuring a positive client and volunteer experience with the Dementia Society.
Working closely with the CDN Regional Director of Planning & Implementation, this individual will provide administrative support to the Network and associated sub-groups, including coordinating meetings and events, producing meeting agendas and minutes, and providing assistance to specific projects.
Dementia Society Administrative Support (approximately 10 hours/week):
The Assistant is responsible for assisting the Fund Development officer in administrative duties including:
- Processing donations.
- Receiving deposits from the bookkeeper, entering donor data in CRM, linking/updating records, linking to appeal codes and initiatives, generating tax receipts, and revenue reporting.
- Preparing, printing and mailing donor tax receipts.
- Generating donor recognition communication, as required.
- Monthly reporting and reconciliation of donor revenue
- Delivering customer service to donors and fundraisers; engaging in direct donor interactions by phone and email
CDN Coordination and Committee Support (approximately 20 hours/week):
The Assistant will provide the following support to the Champlain Dementia Network and its various committees, teams and networks – the Executive Committee, the Education & Training Collaborative, project teams, and the Person-Centred Care in LTC Community of Practice Network: This includes the following:
- Scheduling meetings.
- Managing emails/administrative queries (e.g. document and event sharing).
- Taking meeting minutes.
- Assisting with agenda and project document preparation.
- Assisting with social media promotions.
- Other project assistance duties as needed and as time allows
- Other duties as required and appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Working knowledge of the various elements of the healthcare system, with particular knowledge of the long-term care sector.
- Experience doing data entry.
- Demonstrated experience in the production of agendas and meeting minutes.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating meetings and events, preferably in the healthcare field.
- Skilled in the use of a variety of social media platforms.
- Experience with a variety of computer applications including MS Office.
- An ability to work with a high level of independence and competence and to integrate new information and novel tasks quickly and efficiently.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and an ability to adhere to and document processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Bilingual, fluency in both Official Languages is preferred.
- Financial literacy and bookkeeping experience would be an asset.
- Experience using Raiser’s Edge, Blackbaud software, or similar fundraising CRM is an asset.
We are looking forward to reviewing your application and hearing about how you can support us in this exciting interim position. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with the subject line Fund Development and Administrative Assistant by Sunday, May 8th at 4:00 pm EST. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone or email enquiries, please.