POSITION: Fund Development Manager
STATUS: Full Time, permanent
REPORTS TO: Director of Development and Education
About The Dementia Society
The Dementia Society is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Health to provide services to those impacted by dementia in Ottawa and Renfrew County. We also fundraise to develop, deliver and innovate a wide range of educational, support and social-recreational programs for people living with dementia and their care partners and families.
As dementia numbers increase by as much as 150% in our region in the next three decades, more programs and funding are required to help more people.
Come join our mission!
The Dementia Society Fund Development Manager leads our team of staff and volunteers in initiatives to increase the financial sustainability of our programs and services.
The incumbent is a leader, but also a team player who will:
- Be a brand ambassador for The Dementia Society by exemplifying our core values of excellence, compassion, courage and inclusion
- Is a proactive leader who inspires others to ensure that no one faces dementia alone in our region
- Has a proven track record of building valuable, sustainable relationships
- Is as comfortable getting down in the data as getting up early to pull off a seamless event
Reporting to the Director of Development and Education, the Manager is a self-starter, bringing rigour, energy, and creativity to this portfolio. They are responsible for developing, recommending and implementing fund development strategies and tactics to build greater financial sustainability for the organization through stewardship of a community of supporters including clients, volunteers, sponsors and individual donors.
The Manager drives the development and execution of the organization’s new multiyear Fund Development plan including but not limited to the following tactics and programs:
- Signature annual fundraising campaign/event
- Direct response
- Community and third-party initiatives
- Memorial program
- Legacy giving
- Management of the donor lifecycle experience
The manager is the captain of our fund development team made up of Society leadership, staff, board and committee members, and volunteers. The Manager leads the team to ensure an excellent donor and sponsor experience across the organization and all communication and giving channels.
Fund Development Administration
- Ownership of our Fund Development donor relationship management system (Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT) and processes:
- Ensuring timely donation acknowledgement and accurate receipting
- Ensuring data accuracy and compliance
- Regular financial and program performance analysis and reporting
- Management of administrative staff responsible for donor and financial processes
- General database maintenance
- Providing input and support to Board and regular Fund Development subcommittee meetings
Staff and Volunteer Management
The Fund Development Manager is responsible for 2 shared direct reports:
Supports fund development initiatives such as development of campaign content, management of fund raising website, and planning.
Supports fund development through regular processing of donation revenue, financial reconciliations, and reporting.
The Manager also collaborates with volunteers and other colleagues to achieve fund development objectives.
Performs other duties as required and appropriate
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Completion of post-secondary education in fundraising or a related field of study or an acceptable combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with a high level of independence and competence
- Demonstrated excellence in planning and organization
- Demonstrated excellence in data analytics and trend analysis
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated direct experience with Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge NXT software, including Team Raiser, or similar fundraising systems
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing fundraising and/or business development programs
- Demonstrated ability and knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency charitable sector guidelines and all other legislation guiding fundraising principles
- CFRE or other related professional designation (attained or in process)
- Experience with a variety of computer applications including MS Office
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Bilingual candidate, French/English preferred
- A sense of humour
Salary: $59,000 – $72,000
- Live within/close to Ottawa-Renfrew County. Remote work is not permitted though the organization does provide a flexible hybrid working arrangement, working from home and from our Ottawa location.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable access to a motor vehicle as some local travel will be required.
Deadline to apply:
We are looking forward to hearing about how you meet the job criteria outlined and could contribute to our local charity. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com with the subject line Fund Development Manager by Monday 6 March at 4:00 pm EST. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone or email enquiries, please.