POSITION: Operations Administrative Associate
STATUS: Part-Time (22.5 hours per week)
REPORTS TO: Logistics Coordinator
The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County is a non-profit, charitable organization that links individuals with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias and their families to support, education, and resources.
This is a hybrid position and the successful applicant must reside within the National Capital Region. Work will be conducted both at home and in the office and will follow a schedule that is agreed upon with the Logistics Coordinator.
Under the supervision of the Logistics Coordinator, the Operations Associate will provide efficient and effective administrative and logistical support to the Operations Team and DSORC. This will include Human Resource specific duties, as well as general administrative tasks. Duties include but will not be limited to:
- Provide assistance with electronic filing, record management and data entry
- Monitor and divert incoming messages from main email account
- Assist with facility logistics
- Support employee recruitment, onboarding and offboarding processes:
- Provide support with job postings, reference checks, interview scheduling and support
- Update staff lists (e.g. global e-mail list, emergency contact list, org chart etc).
- Filing and record keeping.
- Support action items on onboarding and offboarding checklists.
- Coordinate monthly staff meetings:
- Calendar invites, meeting links, agenda preparation.
- Record monthly staff meetings and upload to IMS.
- Provide support maintaining and updating DSORC inventories.
- Prepare various reports for Operations
- Assist with organization and catering for special meetings/events
- Other administrative tasks as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least one year in a similar position
- Bilingualism (read, write, speak and understand) is an asset
- Customer-service oriented with solid administrative and time-management skills
DEADLINE TO APPLY: We are looking forward to hearing about how you meet the job criteria outlined and could contribute to our local charity. Please submit your cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Operations Admin Associate by Monday, May 8th at 4pm EST. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.