Time Commitment: Part time, flexible
Supervisor: Director, Clinical Programs and Community Engagement
Location: Various locations in Ottawa and Renfrew County
The Dementia Friendly Consultant is responsible for providing educational information to local communities, organizations and businesses on how to best accommodate people living with dementia in their day-to-day operations. The successful candidate has excellent communication and listening skills, in addition to experience delivering educational training programs and developing curriculum. It is hoped that the candidate will have lived experience with dementia.
The person for this role will offer a safe and welcoming environment for discussion and support, while reflecting our organizations mission and values in Ottawa and Renfrew County.
Primary Responsibilities and Tasks:
The Dementia Friendly Consultant will deliver a set training modules to employees of various communities, organizations and businesses.
Qualifications and Skills:
• Proficiency in English and/or French
• Teaching/training delivery experience
• Understanding of dementia and the daily living challenges persons with dementia face
• Experience as a care partner of a person with dementia (desired)
• Ability to work independently in the field with little supervision
• Excellent listening and communication skills
• Experience creating and delivering PowerPoint presentations
• Ability to adapt to different business/organizational environments
• Ability to initiate discussion and respond to questions
• Preferred: Teepa Snow training
Please send your resume with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Dementia Friendly”, stating your salary expectations no later than Friday, September 13th. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
If you look up the definition of ‘volunteer’, it simply states, “Freely offer to do something.” Although true, this doesn’t sufficiently capture those who volunteer. I’ve been a Volunteer Coordinator with the Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew Cou
The statistics are alarming: one of the greatest risk factors for dying of COVID-19 is dementia. The reasons are many and potentially complex, but the need to prioritize the 24,000+ people diagnosed with dementia in Ottawa and Renfrew County and their