Your Guide to Meaningful Activities April 13-17
- Facing Dementia Together but Apart - April 14th @ 12:00 pm - In this webinar, Dementia Care Coach Jesika Walker will discuss strategies to help you give care from a distance during this challenging time. Register Here
- Choices and Dementia a Caregivers Perspective - April 15th @ 1:00 pm - Join seasoned caregiver and dementia advocate Ron Beleno as he discusses strategies of how we can make better choices when dealing with many of the challenges associated with dementia. Register Here
- COVID-19 Community Support Services Website The site is available in both English and French and focuses on four key services:
Grocery and pharmacy delivery, transportation to medical appointments, telephone safety check, Meals on Wheels.
- Are you a caregiver, health care provider, or physician caring for a person living with dementia? We want your feedback. Help Bruyere Research Institute and the Dementia Society create a website to improve access to Dementia Friendly Resources. Click here to complete the survey to tell us which dementia related resources you access and are useful to you.
|Meaningful Activities |
- The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County presents Arts and Minds: Happy Flowers, the 3rd session to our online art workshop - Click here to participate.
- The Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County is proud to bring you the 3rd installment of the online version of one of our music programs Circle of Song - sing-a-long - Click here to participate.
|Tip of the Week |
- Check out our daily 10@10 program found on our Facebook page @TheDementiaSociety everyday at 10am for 10 minutes, we will walk you through some fun easy movements that you can do together.
- Try some simple cleaning tasks this week that you can do together. Fold towels, organize kitchen cupboards, clean out your closets or try other household tasks where you and your loved one can feel a sense of accomplishment.
|Just for Fun |
- Take a virtual trip to the zoo this week, visit San Diego Zoo and enjoy their live camera - click here
- Visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium's live shark tank and live jelly fish cameras. - click here
We have over 24 support groups each month across Ottawa and Renfrew County. Support groups provide a safe environment for caregivers and families to learn, express and help each other by offering mutual understanding and support. Support groups are collaborative and are led by a Dementia Care Coach and a peer support volunteer. Choose to join via zoom or by calling in over the telephone. Click on the following links to see the latest schedule and register.
Click here for April's upcoming Support Groups in Ottawa
Click here for April's upcoming Support Groups in Renfrew County
If you look up the definition of ‘volunteer’, it simply states, “Freely offer to do something.” Although true, this doesn’t sufficiently capture those who volunteer. I’ve been a Volunteer Coordinator with the Dementia Society of Ottawa and Renfrew Cou
The statistics are alarming: one of the greatest risk factors for dying of COVID-19 is dementia. The reasons are many and potentially complex, but the need to prioritize the 24,000+ people diagnosed with dementia in Ottawa and Renfrew County and their