The Dementia Society is once again taking part in GivingTuesday, a global giving movement that has been driven by individuals, charities, businesses and communities across Canada and in countries around the world. Just as Black Friday kicks off the holiday shopping season, GivingTuesday is the opening day of the giving season.
The impact of GivingTuesday goes well beyond charitable donations, inspiring giving in all its forms. From coast to coast to coast, people are embracing this day as an opportunity to raise money for local charities and non-profits, run food and clothing drives, give blood, encourage kindness, help a neighbour and celebrate generosity.
This GivingTuesday, The Dementia Society is putting our efforts towards encouraging people in Ottawa and Renfrew County to give their time and volunteer. By volunteering for The Dementia Society you help make life better for those living with dementia.
We invite you to discover all the many ways you can volunteer at The Dementia Society.
When you volunteer you make a difference in your own life. You can:
- Use your professional skills in a new setting
- Meet other people who share your interests and passions
- Learn new skills and discover new talents
- Advance your career or gain experience and qualifications for future employment, scholarships, bursaries and academic programs
- Build your network and establish contacts in your field of interest
- Boost your health and reduce your stress
- Create a schedule that works for you
- Have fun!
To learn more about volunteering or to sign up please contact us at email@example.com or call us at 613-523-4004.
Follow the movement on social media using #GivingTuesdayCA