The Weekly Bulletin Highlights: December 5
Sent: December 5, 2017
Good news! We have been selected as a recipient charity for HOPE Volleyball Summerfest 2018
Ding, ding, ding rings the good news bell! We recently learned that The Dementia Society is one of the six charities selected for support from HOPE Volleyball Summerfest 2018, and we are excited to be able to share the good news with you! HOPE was started 36 years ago by a small group of Ottawa friends who wanted to give back to their community. It has grown into the “world’s largest one day volleyball tournament,” with the continuing mission of supporting local charities. This event will take place on July 14th, 2018.
Also in this issue:
- Caregiver Townhall – save the date!
- Listening to the experiences of dementia patients can help improve caregiving [Globe and Mail]
- Inside the solitary life of an Alzheimer’s sufferer [Washington Post]
- Perley Rideau Lifelong Learning
- STOCK-ing stuffers that support people affected by dementia in your community!
- 10 tips for the holidays